From Land's end to John O'Groats, to the shops and back or anything in between. It's up to you.
Challenge yourself for dementia research, and raise money in a way that’s totally you.
Whether it’s a charity walk or (if you’re feeling energetic) run, fundraise your way.
Pull on your walking boots – or slip into fancy dress for a bit of a laugh. If you’re looking for ways to get friends, family or workmates involved, head out as a team.
Whatever you’re planning, don’t forget your Kendal Mint Cake. And remember – it’s research!
Walking for charity? Take those first steps...
Here are some fundraising ideas…
- Get the map out. Plan your distance. Set a time target. All at once or instalments?
- Get a team together. Fundraise with family and friends. Walk for charity with workmates. Rope the dog in for company.
- Get noticed. Shout about it on social media. Promise to wear a funny outfit. Or do it carrying a tray of drinks. Be different. Be you.
- Get going. But don't forget to break your new walking boots in first – your feet will never forgive you.
Six-year-old Carwyn takes on the peaks.
Carwyn Beynon climbed Pen Y Fan and Corn Du in memory of his Great Nanny Shirley, who passed away with vascular dementia in January 2018.
Mum Amy is so proud of her little lad. She said “Carwyn said he wanted to climb Everest or do a marathon but we had a chat about doing something smaller to start with!”
Mind you, climbing the two highest peaks in South West Wales when you’re only six is no small feat!
Fundraise your way.
Get your FREE fundraising pack today
Do it for research.
"The trek was very tough, but we got stronger and stronger each day and it was an amazing experience."
Olive Munro, hiker
Why it's important.
Why it's fun.
Serious fun = serious fundraising for dementia.
- £10 buys 100 invaluable microscope slides.
- £50 helps pay for a sensitive brain scan.
- £100 helps bring life-changing breakthroughs closer.
Every pound you raise will make a big difference – so let’s get out there and have fun.
Your walking fundraising questions answered.
See what we're all doing
in the name of research.
Due to the current situation surrounding COVID-19 we are putting a temporary postponement on the fulfilment of all orders for supporter materials and fundraising packs. This is to ensure the safety of those staff working at our fulfilment partner and to ease the burden on the postal and delivery networks. This postponement will last until 20th April 2020 and will be reviewed at this point. Orders can still be placed, but they will not be sent out until this date. In the meantime, if you would like to download your fundraising pack, select download on the form below. Thank you for you continued support and understanding.