Karaoke evening to games night, fundraising just got fun. And whatever gets you in the party mood, it’s up to you.
‘Party’ is such a loose term, it can mean practically anything. After-work drinks, a quiz night, a movie marathon… Whatever’s good for you is good for us. So fundraise your way.
It’s time to play party planner. So pick a theme, get your guest list sorted and send out the invites. Rent a room in a pub, hold your do at work or invite everyone to yours.
Whatever you’re planning, go large. After all, it’s research!
Partying for charity? Get your boogie on.
Here are some popular fundraising ideas…
- Get planning. What’s your theme? How big do you want it to be? Will there be nibbles and drinks?
- Get a venue. At home, at the church hall or in the office.
- Get noticed. Shout about it on social media. Send invites. Plan something out of the ordinary – like an office Twister party. Be different. Be you.
- Get going. But make sure you’ve got enough crisps in!
Being a quiz master
Steve Andrews made plans to set up an Alzheimer’s Research UK Mighty Quiz in his village hall, with a raffle on the night.
When speaking to the manager of a local restaurant to ask for a raffle prize they offered to host the event for Steve at their restaurant for free.
He ended up selling quiz tickets for £20 including food.
After a lot of work, he sold-out the venue and had 129 guests come along to the mightiest of Mighty Quizzes. From ticket sales, the raffle and other games on the nights Steve raised an amazing £1,400.
Fundraise your way.
Get your FREE fundraising pack today
Do it for research.
We couldn’t believe the generosity from family and friends when we asked for donations instead of gifts for our 55th anniversary and Brenda’s 75th. We made over £1,600!
Stephen & Brenda, party royalty
Why it's important.
Why it's fun.
Serious fun = serious fundraising for dementia.
- £10 buys 100 invaluable microscope slides.
- £50 helps pay for a sensitive brain scan.
- £100 helps bring life-changing breakthroughs closer.
Every pound you raise will make a big difference – so let’s get out there and have fun.