Bake-off to coffee morning, fundraising just got tasty. And whatever your recipe for success, it’s up to you.
Challenge yourself for dementia research, and raise money in a way that’s totally you.
Cakes are popular – sell them, guess their weight, take part in a massive bunfight… Whatever’s good for you is good for us. So fundraise your way.
Get the mixer down from the shelf, channel your inner Nigella and roll up your sleeves (literally – this could get messy). Organise a charity bake sale at work or at home.
Whatever you’re planning, do something tasty. After all, it’s research!
Here are some popular fundraising ideas…
Baking for charity? Let's turn up the heat.
- Get planning. Is it just you baking? Or will you ask friends? Will it be competitive?
- Get a venue. Coffee morning at home? Teatime sale at work? School fair cake stall?
- Get noticed. Shout about it on social media. Bake weird and wonderful recipes. Ice yourself crazy. Be different. Be you.
- Get going. But maybe have a few practices before the big day. No soggy bottoms!
Why it's important.
Why it's fun.
Serious fun = serious fundraising for dementia.
- £10 buys 100 invaluable microscope slides.
- £50 helps pay for a sensitive brain scan.
- £100 helps bring life-changing breakthroughs closer.
Every pound you raise will make a big difference – so let’s get out there and have fun.
Fundraise your way.
Get your FREE fundraising pack today
Do it for research.
"I chose to host a bake sale in my office, it was a great success and raised over £100. Even if it doesn’t look how you hoped, cake brings everyone together!"
Our beach hut’s open
for coffee and cakes.
Friends Joy Reeves, 72, and Karen Kenny, 70, owners of the 2017 national Beach Hut of the Year, opened their doors to Felixstowe beach walkers in the winters of 2017-2018 and 2018-2019, to raise money for Alzheimer’s Research UK.
The pals served warming drinks for beachgoers, swimmers and dog-walkers enjoying a morning stroll, along with a variety of delicious homemade cakes.